Wednesday 25 October 2017

Half term with the granddaughters

I love when the girls come to stay, but they sure do wear me out!  We never seem to stop, even after a walk I was told not to sit in my chair as we HAD to play a game at the table... I would not want it any other way.
Monday I collected them and after settling in we drove to Costco at Milton Keynes as I need to replenish my freezer after the kitchen makeover.
Arriving
We like to get their early and have a cheap lunch, the four of us had jacket potatoes all with different fillings and a drink for under £9. Then armed with a large trolley set off to shop. The girls could not believe you could buy anything from a hottub to a pack of mince and everything in between.

All the Christmas stock was in and Abigail decided she would like twelve of these drummer men, well they only cost about £350 each!!  Eleanor spotted a star she thought would be good for her Christmas tree, it was about four feet high! 
Back home all the meat was vacuum packed ready for the freezer by me and the girls. This was followed by more game playing.

Tuesday was BBQ sauce and machine embroidery day.
2 jars of red jam, 2 bottles of tomato sauce, 2 bottles of Worcester sauce, 1 bottle of soy sauce, 1/2 bottle of lemon juice, 2 bottles of honey, with a large tablespoon of mustard and cornflour. It was Hubble Bubble toil and trouble in the new kitchen.

Someone on one of the internet groups I belong to had made scarves with fleece and machine embroidery, so we thought we would have a go. Eleanor wanted a unicorn and do you think I could find a pattern amongst the hundreds I have... no. A quick download from a machine embroidery site and she had the unicorn she wanted.. she made two one for herself and one for her friend. Abigail choose the dark blue fleece and ME an A on it, we also made one for my sister as we are going to visit her on Wednesday.

Machine embroidered scarves.

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...