Wednesday 8 October 2008

Clarice Cliff wall hanging


Managed to complete this wall hanging last night at the Hamtune Quilters [Northampton ] meeting.
It was made at an Oakleaf workshop with Gail Lawther.
To make things more difficult for myself I use silk fabric from Thailand, and to handle the fraying problem with silk, backed every piece [ before cutting out] with thin iron-on vilene. The piece were placed onthe design and then iron-on tape covered the joins and using a zig zag stitch with a twin needle I completed the design. I have three more of these patterns from Gail I would like to make when I get a spare minute !!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Totally awesome blog.
I'll visit often to see all your incredible pieces of art.
I also want to come and play in your room.
hugs to all.

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...