Monday 29 March 2010

Half way made bed quilt-as-you-go quilt

As this is too large for my design wall, I have two friends holding up my latest quilt. I have so far made it in five panels and quilted it using my wavy ruler for the design. Then joined the panels together using the quilt-as-you-go method. I now need to make it into a square by adding a large piece to the top and bottom. This is to go on our bed, which means the whole room needs redecorating to match it.. so that takes care of the Easter holiday!

4 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

LOL You are going to redecorate to match the quilt ???? Look forward to seeing what you will add to the sides. Can you show us a close up of the quilting you did?

Diane said...

love the colors-mmmm.I'd like a quilting close up too!!!

Barb in Mi said...

Beautiful quilt - and doen with qas you go. I agree with Diane: a quilting close up, please!

Happy Room Diana said...

OK I have added details of how I quilted and joined the quilt, thanks for your nice comments

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...