Friday 10 September 2010

USA star project


Some time ago [ actually probably years ago!] I started working on a USA stars project. I have travelled extensively in the USA and using Carol Doak's book of stars decided to make a star of each State I had visited. A recent tidy-up and I found the stars in a UFO box and this week thought I would try and get them all made. West Virginia and New Jersey have now joined the others. So far I have made 22, have 3 cut out ready to sew and 7 more waiting to be cut out ! No more USA travel until I finish this project! I plan to quilt as you go these stars together and somehow [suggestions welcome] put lables on them showing the names of the States.

2 comments:

Barb in Mi said...

What a neat idea! Love your state stars - and a UFO finding new life as well. Way to go!
Do you think you can manage with no travel?...

Judy Whitehead said...

If you're putting them together with sashing, what about embroidering the names in the sashing?

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...