Friday, 20 April 2012

LACE

Tablecloth
About 30 years ago I started to make a lace tablecloth and finished the centre, round two and then round four. It has not seen the light of day for more years than I care to remember.
Eight years ago I retired from teaching bobbinlace and have done very little since.
The visit I made to Patsy and her friends making lace in Florida spurred me on to start making lace again.
I needed something simple and unbelievably found the tablecloth, prickings and thread.. so I am working on winding 59 pairs of bobbins to start round three.

3 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

one of my quillt groups had a speaker whp makes bobbin lace this last month...facsinating... just not for me xx

Christa said...

Too pretty to be unfinished in a drawer!

Anonymous said...

hi Diana re the lace tablecloth, I have just finished the exact same one and by coincidence it took me 30yrs too!!
Gloria

The Welsh hair cut

While in Wales I decided to have my hair cut. I have been thinking of having it cut for some time so googled the nearest hairdresser to the...