Wednesday 21 February 2018

Fabric, fabric and more fabric

After a busy few days I have at last a completely free day. One task that I have been putting off for absolutely ages is to sort out my fabric cupboards. I thought if I wrote about it on my blog I would have to complete the job, rather than just feel it is too daunting a task.

I have three kitchen wall cabinets so full of fabric that whenever a piece gets taken out the rest fall in a heap and just get shoved back in! There is also a small amount of overflow fabric in a cupboard under my desk.
Cupboard ONE

Cupboard TWO

Cupboard THREE

Where to start is always my problem, but start I must... so I put up both my banqueting tables up in my Happy Room and emptied cupboard ONE onto them! I hardly remember some of the fabric other pieces brought back happy memories but have not been touched for years and years!

Neat piles all sorted into colour, fabric or design order.

Large pile to go OUT.
I have asked a friend with local school age children if their school would like it.
Whatever happens it is NOT going back in the cupboard.
Time for a much deserved cuppa, then onwards and upwards... TWO and THREE are waiting..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are motivating me. My bathroom closet should be next.
I fold all me fabric over my 6x24 cutting ruler. First one way and then the other so they end up in parcels of 6x6 which can be neatly put into a box on edge. I will send you a photo. Christa

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...