Monday 5 February 2018

Sunday Church and lunch

The LDS web site said sacrament meeting started at 10.50 so I set off for Cartagena in plenty of time to attend the service.
It is always a little hard on the nerves attending a new church building, especially not speaking the local language. I met one of the elders as soon as I walked through the door and luckily he spoke some English. Timings had been changed and sacrament was not until 12 midday but they were just starting Relief Society, with no knowledge of Spanish this would be a more difficult meeting for me to understand, how wrong could I be. One of the missionary sisters was called to meet and help me. Sister Stringfellow was from Utah and translated the whole meeting, I am so impressed with our young, she was probably about twenty years old, to be able to hear what is being said and instantly translate for me.
No one else spoke English but the fellowship I felt was very real. Sadly I could not stay for the changed sacrament time as we had a lunch appointment I needed to get back for.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Cartagena 

As soon as I arrived back in Roda and picked up Chris we went to the Arches bar/restaurant for Sunday lunch English style. It was very nice, but I must have been really hungry as I forgot to take any photos!

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...