Tuesday 24 July 2018

Round Robin Quilt returns

Some time ago I joined an International Round Robin link for the full reveal.

This adventure was new to me and I have so enjoyed taking part.
A block was sent to Julie the organiser, who then posted it at random to one of the group taking part.
The times were set for posting each round to keep everyone on track.

1] I received the elephant block and added the English Paper pieced hexagon border.
Christa's original block
2] Next the centre block with one border arrived and I added the half square triangle border
Allison's original block
 3] Finally this quilt arrived and I quilted it, added the backing and a hanging sleeve before posting it off to New Zealand
Laurina's original block
 4] Finally my original bird block arrived from the USA with it's new borders, quilting and backing.
My original bird block worked on by Liz, Julie and Glen


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, I wondered. I thought the hexagons were appliquéd but now I know they are paperpieced. Didn’t know you could do it. Thanks!
I was confused seeing your quilt in the big reveal. The bush “melted” into it and I thought there were curved edges. I love it now. Do you have a special place for it?
Christa

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...