Saturday 20 October 2018

A busy sewing week

Tuesday evening I attended the regular Hamtune Quilters meeting with my friend Judith. Carolyn Forster was the speaker, and what a delight with her down to earth talk and tables brimming over with quilts. She is so inspirational and always willing to share her knowledge.
Wednesday I attended a workshop with Carolyn to make blocks for a ribbon quilt.
Eleven of us attended and the day was so warm we sat with windows and doors open enjoying the class and company.
Carolyn demonstrating her ribbon quilt.

Sorting out the many pieces, luckily I had cut them out before hand, as
I have a painful shoulder and doing anything with my left arm is quite painful.

Busy busy busy
Wednesday a sewing day was arranged in the Happy Room, Penny, Christine and Clare joined me for the day. I wanted to use a charm pack that had been living far too long in my cupboard! Pinwheels are an ideal easy use for them, Christine and Clare decided to join me making  piles of pinwheels while Penny was busy working on a boating theme cushion. It was a great day, and even my arm is starting to feel better... must be the Arnica Massage oil that I keep using.


Sewing in the Happy Room

42 pinwheels in the making.
Friday a change of scene when Chris and I went out visiting Garden Centres. First stop a Nursery in Finedon to buy conifers for my raised bed. I love the fact this is a family owned independent nursery.
Next stop the Seasons Garden Centre in Burton Latimer, just the opposite of the Finedon Nursery, large selling everything and a large display of Christmas decorations [ far to early to be thinking of this in my opinion!] but I did manage to buy a few more plants for my new display.

Today is Saturday and I look back on all the quilting blocks I made this week and hope to at least complete the sets before next weekend. The sun is shining [ although it's pretty cold] so time to go and plant my new raised bed.

22 pinwheels and 14 ribbon blocks

1 comment:

Christa said...

You have been busy sewing this week. I am so jealous. Can't get into the groove right now. Wished you would live closer!!!

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...