Saturday 27 October 2018

Plants, Quilts, New car and Duxford Quilt show

I seem to only find time to blog once a week these days, as I am always playing catchup with myself.

This again has been a busy week starting with planting up my new raised bed. I am really pleased with how it turned out. The lights I pushed into the ground so they would be at different levels and they look nice in the evening, talking of which doesn't it get dark early? We change the clocks tonight so it will be dark from about 5pm.


Raised bed of conifers and cyclamen 

Tuesday two friends, Christine and Judith, spent the day with me in my Happy Room.
I completely forgot to take photos and they were both making really nice quilts.
I worked on my pinwheels, quilting them with just a wavy line in rows, then adding the border.
The border was added through all the layers, so no quilting needed.
I have the binding cut out but it will probably have to wait until next week before I find time to sew it on.


Wednesday I joined a group of friends in Bedford for a sewing day.
Although my painful shoulder is feeling much better I did not want to risk carrying a machine in and out of the car.
Many many years ago I made a pile of star blocks that still need the papers removing from them, so I took them and spent the day filling a bag with removed papers... still a long way to go.

We have been having some beautiful bright sunny days and wanted to make the most of it with a walk along side Pitsford Reservoir. A number of fishermen were in boats or wading up to their waists in the water.


Beautiful scenery but I don't fancy wading up to my waist in the cold water!

I have not attended a quilt show for a couple of years but decided to go to
Duxford Quilt Show on Friday.
It is always so interesting walking past the planes to actually get into the show.

I liked the simplicity of this design
Lots of tempting stalls


Part of a challenge I think

Interesting work

Think this was my favourite

Isaac Newton

Glad we got here early as there was plenty of room see everything

By the time we left at lunch time the place was crowded with people enjoying the show.
It was hard to walk between the stalls and show quilts.

We stopped on the way home for lunch and I found a fly in my meal,
the restaurant was very apologetic and refunded us all our money.
This is the car [Range Rover] Chris bought last week, such luxury.


No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...