Saturday 17 November 2018

11th - 17th November

Sunday 11th we remembered the men and women who fought for our country 100 years ago.
My own Grandfather took part in WWI although I know little about his time during the conflict.
A contact through Ancestry.com informed me that a distant relative was named on the War Memorial at Sibbertoft, where many of my family came from.
After church in the morning Chris and I went to Sibbertoft to see the WWI exhibition and visit the war memorial and pay our respects.

Pte Alfred Kenny, 8th Middlesex Regiment.
We share a third Gt Grandfather.

Other names on the memorial I would like to research.
Monday I continued with a Financial Course that I started last week. It is organised by my church and most interesting. Keeping the old grey cells working!
Tuesday my friend Penny called and we chatted and sewing in the afternoon.
Wednesday I suddenly decided to remove the large TV, which never gets switched on, in my Happy Room and have a serious clean up and sort out. Two crochet wreaths are covering up the holes left by the TV bracket! This is an on going project.....

Happy Thursday in the Happy Room. Christine and Penny joined me for a sewing day.
We all seemed to be working on UFO's and actually accomplished quite a lot.

It is now Saturday [ no idea what happened on Friday other than a walk around the cemetery!] and I have a free day
plus no cooking as we are going to the family for dinner.
Decided to make a start on wrapping Christmas Presents, not exactly my fun job.
Happy to report I have almost everything I need bought and wrapped.

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...