Wednesday 17 April 2019

Experiment in crochet colours

Funny how after an illness and doing absolutely nothing for a couple of weeks I feel like doing everything and starting a number of new projects.
Having just completed the Sweetpea blanket designed by Lucy at Attic24 I thought I would have a go at designing a colourway for a new blanket to match my new bedroom curtains.
This is a first for me, as I usually find I am quite happy to let someone else do the designing and I just like the making process and follow blindly in their choice of colours.

Armed with my Stylecraft Special DK chart I chose 13 [+2] colours to match my fabric, then gave it to Chris and asked him to do the same. Bingo we agreed on all but two, so the order was placed on Monday with Woolwarehouse and like magic when I arrived home at lunchtime today [Wednesday] the package had arrived... brilliant service and all neatly in its own little bag.
The 13 colours to match my curtain fabric.

Just another view, the [+2] extra balls are so I can crochet more rows of the background colours.

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...