Saturday 7 December 2019

Christmas IAM

Thursday we celebrated Christmas IAM, only Pauline was missing [she was on a cruise]. 
In a moment of madness I offered to show how to make a penguin from a couple of socks. I had been shown how to do this myself only a short while ago by Mavis a member of another group I belong to.
Suffering the third week of a wretched cold/cough we started the get together with glue guns raised, laughing about a health and safety warning. I must add all seven of us do a lot of craft work so i did not foresee any problems, plus all seven of us own a glue gun.
Three burns and a blister later !!!

Cutting a black sock in half we put a small amount of rice in the toe end and then filling with stuffing tied the top securely. Cut out the ‘bib’ front, feet and wings glued them on to the black stuffed sock. I found a large selection of eyes in my cupboards [why did I have SO many!] these were also glued on. Finally a hat and scarf was cut from the top of another sock and the penguins were ready to line up.

At this point everyone wanted to make another, so twins and siblings were made, each having its own personality.







Don’t they look great.  
Please note instead of using Christmas cloth table covers I choose a roll of Christmas wrapping paper as I foresaw the mess that might occur.

After lunch we had show and tell. I gave everyone the decorations I had made [see another post] and showed the glass fused decorations I had also made.

Clare had made a wonderful Christmas Tree garland

Shirley had produced a pretty crochet blanket.

Next in our day was the gift giving. It is always so exciting to receive 7 gifts [we have a £2 limit] and like children we ooh and aah over every present.


The fun continues with a couple of party games. The Left Right game is played with small stationery items, I ‘won’ a very nice note pad.
Finally we played a ‘swap game’ I seem to forgotten to take any more photos, we were having so much fun and laughter.
Happy Christmas to the IAMers including Jenny who left us this year to move ‘down south’.




No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...