Sunday 2 February 2020

The secret probably everyone knows!

For a long time I have wanted to find somewhere to download audiobooks. Amazon seemed rather expensive and I kept putting off subscribing. I am definitely not a reader of books and have been enjoying my knitting while Chris sunbathes and decided to do some research.
Bingo... by signing up on line to my local library I can download audiobooks for free, why has no one told me about this?

I loaded the Borrow Box app and picked a book at random to try out the service. 
The Homestead River by Rosie Mackenzie.
I was hooked and could not stop listening, loved the story.

Since my first trial I find I can ‘loan’ 5 audiobooks at a time, sending back when I have read them or do not like the story.
Popular books have a waiting time, but that’s OK, I have 500+ to choose from.
Now to find my headphones  then it’s out into the very hot sunshine [22 degrees plus] to find a shady spot and work on my knitting.



No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...