Thursday 25 June 2020

The chair saga

I have been looking for another chair for the Summer House and keeping my eye on those for sale on Marketplace.
A brown chair that would just fit the bill was offered for sale, so I offered to buy it and arranged to meet the seller outside his shop.
Taking every precaution as it was the first time I had been out in my car since February, other than for a walk, and the Covid 19 is still with us.
The arrangement was the seller would just put the chair in the back of my car, I had already lowered the seats and emptied the boot, so social distancing would be easy. I donned a mask and arrived fifteen minutes early so waited for over half an hour and he did not show up! It was also midday and the sun was baking hot!! Needless to say I went home disappointed.

Back home I contacted him and he was waiting outside a different shop not realising the address on the advert was for one of the many second hand shops he seems to own and not the one with the chair !!! 
The only good thing to come out of this was driving in my air con car while the temperature soared. 

Later that’s evening he offered me a discount and the correct address, so I agreed to meet him and the chair this morning, all went well and I came home used anti bacteria wipes on the chair and footstool and myself you cannot be too careful.
Once it was in the summer house Chris tried it and said he really liked it, so alls well that ends well.
Plus on another baking hot day I got to spend time in my air con car.

1 comment:

Vera said...

At least you go it in the end, look really nice & comfortable

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...