Tuesday 11 August 2020

Fotheringhay CL day 2

More exploring today, even though the sun is beating down making it rather uncomfortable.
At the side of our ‘van is stile so feeling adventurous we climbed over it to get to the river Nene.


Love this damson tree bark.

We reach the river, and have seen people swimming in it, using canoes and generally enjoying it.
The water is very clear and full of fish, pity I forgot my bandy net!



Approaching the only part of the original castle left.

The next three pictures tell you all about the castle



Mary Stuart, Queen of the Scots, lost her head in 1586

Chris decided to climb to the top of the site of the original castle.

I seem to have forgotten a number of things this trip, which is not like me! I put it down to the terrible heat rash, antihistamines and hydrocortisone cream effecting my brain! This meant going into a food shop, we drove to Oundle, bliss with the aircon full on, and I masked up and went into Waitrose for milk and squash, my first visit to a food store since lockdown the beginning of March. I must say they were very organised and there was hardly anyone in the shop.


No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...