Saturday 25 September 2021

Biopsy, bruises and a block finish

Thursday I went into hospital at 10.30 for my lung biopsy, the staff could not have been nicer and put me at ease.
The procedure meant lying on my front and opening my shoulder blades while they CT scanned me and found the spot to take a sample. I was not looking  forward to it but the surgeon explained everything and I managed OK. Back to the day room where I rested for 3 hours and had a sandwich. Chris then collected me.  I felt fine until the anaesthetic wore off about midnight and I felt the smallest of discomfort.

I watched a few Flosstubes on YouTube, spent some money on Amazon and did not fall asleep again.

Getting blood out of me is worse than getting blood out of stone [look away now!]
   
These are a few of my many bruises!!

On a happy note I completed the 12 blocks for Pat Sloan’s Summer SoirĂ©e, taking it very slowly because of all the constant shaking.
Not sure if this will be the layout and what I will do for the sashing, but I have enjoyed making the blocks.

Thursday there will be a meeting at the NHS to look at the biopsy results and then probably on Friday they will sort out my treatment plan.
Before that I have Abigail’s 18th birthday to celebrate on the actual day of her birth. Hard to believe she will be 18 years old.






















2 comments:

Vera said...

Wow, they are big bruises, had a blood test Wednesday & no bruising this time, so a gentle Nurse. Only time I had lots of bruising was when I had a small operation on my foot & they could not find a vein in one hand so put it in the other & did I have 2 black hands. All the best for the Appointment in the week. The quilt will look lovely with the bright colours. Doing some embroidery at the moment but its a small piece prefer larger get my eyes tested soon so new glasses & lenses might help again

Susan said...

Diana, looking at those bruises I know the pain you experienced having the blood draw. Please know that although I am many miles away in Georgia, USA you are in my prayers. I pray that God surrounds you with live and comfort as you begin this difficult journey.
Hugs, Susan

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...