Four of us try to get together once a month to work on a project and keep us motivated.
Yesterday one of the group was unable to come at the last minute, we missed you Penny.
It was touch and go that I had to cancel the get together as I had a bad asthma attack the night before, but a course of steroids seems to be helping.
Penny had come up with the idea of the cushion front, which involved patchwork, applique and hand sewing. In advance we made the back, I forgot to put a border on, so this was quickly added before we started! The applique as Heat-n-Bonded on to the backing.
My version with rough edge machining around the applique and lots of button sewing.
I managed to complete mine with a zip in the back for the cushion filling.
|Happy Room in action|
|Christine's version, which she also managed to complete, other than a little hand sewing.|
Pauline's version just needs the backing.
It's amazing how different they all look, it was a great workshop and has really brought back my sewing mojo, which has been sadly lacking of late.