Thursday, 9 March 2017

Fit Bit

In a moment of madness I decided to "up my walking" and try and improve my new knee and general fitness. I often wear my FitBit and usually complete 500 to 1000 steps a day, not many by most peoples standards but with dodgy knees and a sit for long hours craft hobby that's about all I seem to manage.
Lent has just started so instead of giving something up I decided I must walk a minimum of 2000 steps a day. I have actually been quite enjoying going out for a walk around the neighbourhood, even on the cold wet days.
Last week this was the result:
6588 more steps than the previous week.
A total of 17,017 steps

Today the sun is shining so Chris and I set off for the local railway line, it is nice walking as it is all on the flat.
Love to see a robin in the brambles

The disused railway line is being resurrected by a group of enthusiasts

I managed to walk to this pretty mosaic and take a quick breather

The mosaic of the signal box

Just look at my FitBit as we return to the car !! No wonder everything aches.


1 comment:

Christa said...

I love my Fit Bit. It encourages me to get going when I was sitting instead. Your doing great!

The new furniture

Exciting times, the furniture lorry turned up this morning with the new settee and chair. Two men quickly had it in the house removed the w...