Monday 6 July 2020

Pointless Blockheads

My Moda Blockhead’s blocks seem to have come out all sorts of sizes and nearly went in the bin!
However I thought maybe if I juggled them around I could salvage enough to make a reasonable size lap quilt, someone might like.

I started by sewing the nine, should have been 8 1/2 inch but cut to 8 inch blocks together [finished size 7 1/2 inches]
Added a 3/4 inch strip as a sashing border [1/4 inch finish size]
This then meant the 12 1/2 inch blocks cut down to 12 1/4 inches would fit.... quite a maths lesson!


Please do not look too closely at all the missing points [hence the name Pointless Blockheads] 
I actually quite like it now it is awaiting batting and backing.




1 comment:

Dianne Beans said...

Very pretty! I hope you are happy you didn’t put them in the bin. It is a lovely quilt.

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...