Saturday 4 July 2020

Jelly Snowflake Mystery Quilt Sew Along

Happy 4th of July to all my American friends.
Happy 4th of July to my sister, moving home after 20 years.

Well I’ve done it again... started something new. I think it’s a pandemic disease as some of my friends seem to have the same problem cannot settle to anything and keep starting new projects.

Two days ago the FatQuarterShop.com posted a free five week Christmas mystery quilt sew-along.
Every Thursday a new pattern and video will be provided throughout July. The quilt finishes at 50 1/2 x 50 1/2 inches, so a nice lap size.

A quick search of my stash and I found a FQ bundle of Christmas fabric which I cut into 2 1/2 inch strips and some 2 1/2 inch Christmas strips left over from another project, this together with a large piece of white on white fabric will be all I need for the front.
Actual requirements are 14  x 2 1/2 strips of jelly roll and 2 1/2 yds background fabric.
Ready to start sewing with a pile of Christmas 2 1/2 inch strips and a few white on white 2 1/2 inch strips.

There is more information on a quiltinglife.com  and Pat Sloans blog page, Plus of course the free pattern on Fatquartershop.com 

Other news:
We have so much top soil left over from the raised beds I was trying to think of some way to use it and came up with the idea of growing veg in containers.
Yesterday I was looking for some potato growing containers, and happened upon some for sale on the local on-line Marketplace.  This entailed a 12 mile journey, so complete with face mask I went and collected them at social distancing length and intended to fill them with soil today, but ‘life’ took over. They were an absolute bargain at £7 for 4 small and 2 extra large, all unused. Journey number 2 since lockdown.

Today Chris bought a ‘computer / electric gadget’ OK I have no idea what it is! on EBay paid for it on paypal and arranged to pick it up from the sellers carport [ no social contact ]. It was a one and half hour journey there and back only stopping to pick up the ‘thing’ but so nice to be out in the countryside, and the first time he had used his Range Rover since January ! Journey number 1 since lockdown for Chris.

We passed a local Barber and I could not believe the queue waiting 2 metres apart just for a haircut! It is the first day they have been open.

Life goes on, and we are doing our best to stay safe.

2 comments:

Vera said...

I think all crafters like to have a few projects on the go at once. I knit & crochet & always have 3 or 4 on the go, have a couple of toys to finish. Just cut out some material to make Face Masks for our son

Happy Room Diana said...

Well done Vera on making more face masks. I think we will need them for quite a while.

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...