Tuesday 28 December 2021

Diana Helen Glasspool, (nee Simons) 1944 - 2021

It is with great sadness that I announce the passing of my soulmate of over fifty years.

Diana passed away in the early hours of this morning, succumbing to her cancer.

We met on the island of Jersey when we were both on holiday, her with her mum and dad, me with my mate from work. She picked us up when we were hitch-hiking across the island and that was it! Met in the September, engaged in January, married in March.

Didn't quite get to the telegram from the queen, as it would have been 50 years in March 2022.

The last five months have been a whirlwind of hospital visits, every test and scan possible, and diagnosis of lung and brain cancer. She was never a smoker.

Her love of crafts, lacemaking, knitting, crochet, embroidery and quilting helped her make friends across the world.

She will be sadly missed by many people.


7 comments:

Dodkins said...

So sorry to hear this news. You and your family are in our prayers. She was a talented faithful lady who will be missed x

Vera said...

Sorry to hear the sad news, I did not know Diana only through her blog. Enjoyed reading them as we shared lots of similar hobbies. You are in my prayers

Vera said...

Sorry to hear about Diana, I did not know her, but use to comment on her blog, we had lots of hobbies the same. You are in my prayers

Mad about Craft said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I am so glad you all got to spend Christmas together, such important memories.

I never commented much on this blog but I have read and enjoyed Diana's posts about your family's 'doings' and her crafty endeavours. She made some beautiful things.

Take care and much love to you and your family.

Jo said...

What a difficult entry for you to make in Diana's blog.
I too have never met Diana but enjoyed her blog for many years. Being a keen crafter myself one could learn so much by reading it.
Thankyou once again for making that entry at such a difficult time.

Love and prayers to you all.

hazel c UK said...

I was so sad to read the news of Diana passing, she was a very talented lady and I always enjoyed reading her blog. I lost my son this year so I am pleased you have family to help you in this sad time it will really help in the coming months.
My thoughts are with you.
Hazel 🦋🦋

Christa said...

Chris, such difficult time for you and your family. Her Christmas blogs still sounded so cheerful. I have happy memories about when we met like your visit in Paducah, KY. I am so sorry.

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...