Wednesday, 4 June 2014

Life is beautiful progress

I have spent most of the day cleaning house or packing, we leave for Belgium on Friday via the Channel tunnel for a weeks holiday. It must be over ten years since I was last there so I am really looking forward to our visit.
The reason for having to pack two days in advance is that tomorrow [Thursday]  is our monthly IAM meeting at my house and we have visitors tomorrow evening then we leave the house around 5.30am Friday!
Its definitely all go around here.

I have been working on my Life is Beautiful Quilt so thought I would show you the progress so far. I intend to take some of the hand embroidered squares with me on holiday just in case we have bad weather.
I have used white 100% cotton with circles of fusible pellon stuck to the back, then surrounded with hexagons.
The first seven designs

Reverse with papers left in hexagons
 on the outside edges

2 comments:

Christa said...

Don't know whether to wish you a rainy day or not. Your work us beautifull.
Looking forward to a blog from Belgium. Wondering whether there is anything lace in your plans.

quiltergirl424 said...

Absolutely beautiful

The Welsh hair cut

While in Wales I decided to have my hair cut. I have been thinking of having it cut for some time so googled the nearest hairdresser to the...