Monday 25 September 2017

Day 2 Yarndale

I am so looking forward to today, my first visit to Yarndale, the wool show to beat all wool shows!
We arrive in good time but it takes us half an hour to get through the gate due to the vast number of people and the bag searching.

Once inside it is hard to know where to go first there is so much to see, including one or two pens with real sheep in. I wonder what they are thinking seeing all these people and all this wool!

I buy a couple of gifts for Christmas presents and treat myself to a magazine subscription that has a set of needles as a free gift... just the sort I was planning to buy.

After a couple of hours on my feet we find a seat and Chris brings us a drink and slice of shortbread, just what the doctor ordered. Re-energised we tackle a few more displays and stalls before heading for 'home'. The cuppa goes down well.

Photos will be added when I get home! Are you ready for the  mass photos?
sheep great us as we enter the Auction Mart

Where to go first?

A wonderful display of banners

I chat to some lacemakers


Chris finds a Unicorn

I find an enormous crocheted mandala

Socks socks

And more socks!

Lots of wool for dying and spining

I just love these knitted birds

Colourful mandalas

Think this was the felting stall

Settee covers made from dressmaking patterns

Yet more mandalas

Christmas is coming

POSH socks made from Alpaca wool, SOOOO soft.

Tiny miniatures




.





































After a couple of hours on my feet we find a seat and Chris brings us a drink and slice of shortbread, just what the doctor ordered. Re-energised we tackle a few more displays and stalls before heading for 'home'. The cuppa goes down well.


No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...