Thursday 14 September 2017

Hectic times

Life is so hectic at the moment I just have not had time or inclination to blog.
Today however I am banished to my Happy Room as the electrician is working and making a terrible noise in the completely empty kitchen. The floor of the upstairs bathroom has had to come up for him to be able to sort out the downlighters in the kitchen underneath.
In fact every room seems to be in upheaval.
I have given up trying to sort out meals and resorting to Microwave dinners, visiting friends / family or eating out.
At the IAM meeting last week I completely forgot to take any photos. Jenny asked me to make a couple of machine embroidery pictures for her grandchildren. In all the chaos I could at least find the EM and managed to make her two pencil cases with pictures to colour in on the front.


Sweet Treat embroidery machine designs
My Star BOM quilt finally met its batting and backing and I safety pinned the three layers together.

Love my Kwik Klip tool for fastening safety pins, saves breaking nails.

Memo to head.. do not wear black trousers when basting a quilt.
My trousers were covered in white fluff by the time I finished leaning over it.
The kitchen has been all consuming and when the old wallpaper was removed it revealed I had decorated it three time in three years and Chris installed the kitchen in 1986


Richard helped his dad put in the old kitchen in 1986

What a team, I wallpaper and he paints!
Earlier this week three friends came for a sewing session

Christine and Pauline deep in thought

Penny working on her bag

I managed to turn a UFO block into a cushion

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...