Tuesday 26 September 2017

Day 4 knitting, reading and the NT

After the past couple of busy days we decided to have a day 'at home'. Chris had a book to read and I planned to knit.
When we arrived here in Yorkshire I decided to have a go at using a circular knitting needle for the first time and make myself a hat. Not content with getting to grips with the circular needle I thought it would be a challenge to do some colour work in the hat and choose a Panda design called Pandamonium by Karin Michele.
The last time I did any serious knitting with more than one colour was when I was 17 and made myself and then boyfriend matching jumpers! I've hardly touched a needle since except for some recent sock knitting.
Pleased to say I have now completed the hat with a row of black and white pandas around the edge and cannot wait to find another project using my set of circular needles that I acquired free with a magazine subscription at Yarndale.

Panda hat ready for the cold weather
The novelty of having a kitchen and oven means I have been happy to cook meals every day, and today we had duck, roast potatoes and mixed veg... yummy.  Time for a walk!

Looking through the National Trust book we found a property close by and headed off to walk the grounds. East Riddlesden Hall is very picturesque with its duck pond in front of the building ( slight guilt we had just had duck for dinner!)

The 17c Manor House was very dark with its wood panelled walls, and although everything inside the house was just dressing, none of the original furniture, it was very atmospheric. A little too dark for my taste. Outside was made up of a number of different garden areas, herbs, formal lawns, wild garden, a maze, children's play area etc. We have been enjoying some pleasant weather so it was nice to just wander through the grounds.

Sorry not sure what happened to the photos they seem to have disappeared!

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...