Wednesday 14 March 2018

Sewing Day

Four of us got together for a sewing day, we had not met up for quite a while so there was a lot of chatting before we all started on our individual projects.
I completely forgot to take any photos. Pauline was working on a couple of cushions, Christine showed us her "star" quilt which we all admired, and worked on a messenger bag. Penny made a very nice little bag for her new iPad while I too made a messenger bag.

I had cut out the fabric for my messenger bag, from an old pair of jeans I bought in a Spanish Charity shop for one euro, some time ago. It was hard to remember which piece was which plus I had forgotten to cut out some of the batting!   All was not lost I found the perfect remnant of Bosal for the gusset and it gave the finished bag just the right amount of stability. I used a much lighter weight of batting for the rest of the bag.
The completed bag

I added a hidden pocket with a zip inside and an open pocket, just the right size for my iPad on the back.
This will be the perfect size bag for our up and coming Land Rover / Scotland holiday.

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...