Saturday 3 March 2018

Snow snow and more snow

The snow continues to cause havoc for vehicles, trains and flights.
Chris has been called out most of yesterday and left at 5.30am this morning to rescue hospital staff together with many of the Northamptonshire 4x4 volunteer rescue service.
Armed with sandwiches, drink and lots of blankets he has battled the roads with drifts of snow as high as his Land Rover in places. I am very proud of him for doing this.

In the meantime I stay here cosy and warm in my Happy Room wearing my new fleece lined waistcoats.

The pond in our garden has stayed unfrozen in places, where the pumps keep the water moving and the bubble rock continues to bubble. The birds love the water and come for a drink and a bath!
I could spend all day watching them.
While eating my porridge for breakfast I just had to grab my camera. I must point out I have a fairly cheap camera but it does have zoom so I took the following photos through the window... much too cold to go out!


Mr Blackbird waiting his turn

Who's next for a drink and bath?

I'll just have a drink

I'll race you to the bubbling water


I need to eat something first!



Boy oh boy this water is cold said Mr Robin

I feel so much better for my shower!

1 comment:

Fungames said...

I have a mission that I’m just now working on, and I have been at the look out for such information snow ski apartments falls creek

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...