Friday 29 June 2018

Busy week in the Happy Room

Monday was spent showing Melody how to quilt, she had won a "day with me in my Happy Room " at a church auction. She made good progress on a rail fence with diamonds quilt. When all her blocks are made I'm happy for her to return to sort out the borders and work on adding backing and batting.
It was lovely getting to know someone I had just had a passing acquaintance with previously.

Tuesday and Wednesday were spent working on my version of the rail fence with diamonds quilt.
Plus members from church came and helped Chris trim the Leylandii hedge that runs down the side of our garden, a big job for which we are very grateful.

Thursday was spent with three friends sewing in the Happy Room. My latest project is a load of fish blocks and they all wanted to have a go! By the end of the afternoon there were a lot of fish swimming about!

Time for some exercise today, so at 8.30am we set off for one of our favourite walks along the  railway line. The sky was cloudy so not as hot as it has been all week which was a blessing.
It's amazing how many people walk and cycle along this track this early in the morning. Everyone says hello and it is a nice way to start the day.
love this bench, but why do people have to leave rubbish [crisp packet]
I must remember to bring a bag so I can pick up any stray rubbish.
Can you see the square, triangle and circle cut into the uprights?

Lovely cloudy blue sky


Lots and lots of bunnies out to play.

Sweatshirts not needed for long, it soon warmed up.
5000 step walk!

Now for some more fish....
Rail fence with diamond quilt in need of the binding stitching down
My shoal of fish are growing, not such how I am going to put them together
will make a decision when I have made the rest of the fish I have cut out.

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...