Thursday 21 June 2018

Life back home

Since arriving home on Sunday it has been a non stop roller coaster of appointments, starting with a Mammogram on Monday.
It is three years since the NHS stopped asking me to attend and I think it is so important to have a test every three years, and a quick telephone call meant I could visit for my X-ray which was over within a couple of minutes.
While still on my health I was asked to have a series of blood tests which I did and I think she took an armful!  I await the results of all these tests and examination.

My hair was next on the list of appointments and a trip into town for a haircut. I had a few minutes to spare so wandered into a charity shop, and came out with a skirt, top and cardigan all from Marks and Spencer and only £10.  A really successful trip.

Tuesday evening was Hamtune Quilters meeting and Deborah O'Hare was the speaker. She was very entertaining with her scrap bag talk and art quilts... not really 'my thing' but I enjoyed the evening.
The next day I attended a workshop with her, again organised by Hamtune Quilters, it was enjoyable but rather slow paced for me, as we had to wait while everyone caught up before moving to the next step.
Workshop in progress

My 'Moon Gazing Hare'
We bought kits of hand painted fabric and everything except the backing that we needed from the tutor. I managed to complete my Hare, even using  free motion sewing on the moon. My new Janome sewing sewing machine worked a treat.

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...