Thursday 21 June 2018

Socks and wool

Another pair of socks completed, using part of Terri Knight's pattern Love Struck Hearts.
As I wanted to be able to knit the easy parts while travelling back and forth to Cornwall I only knitted two hearts on the front and one on the back of each sock. This meant I could knit the heel and foot while in the car without the need to follow a pattern [ can't do that while travelling].
Beyond Basic Knits Prima Superwash yarn 70% Superwash Merino/30% nylon
Used KnitPro Symfonie 2.5mm DPN's

While perusing the Marketplace site on Facebook I came across someone selling a collection of wool/yarn that I could not resist, happy days when it arrived...
2 x Artesano, 2 x Manos, 2 x Truly Hooked and one skein of Scruptious and one of Araucasia
all for £20 plus £10 postage.
Slight problem with all these skeins is the winding into cakes as I only have my husbands hands and he's not too keen to hold all these while I wind! Problem solved a Swift should be arriving tomorrow.


My next project is again a pair of socks, this time a little more fancy using Walk Collection yarn and trying out my new addiCrasyTrio needles that were recommended to me by a friend.
Ready to start, while watching the tennis from Queens.

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...