Thursday 4 November 2010

Lucy takes a trip!







Yesterday 3rd November I drove a 230 miles round trip in Lucy my MX5 to buy a Brother Innovis 4000D sewing machine and embroidery unit, the only problem was I had no idea how big the box of hoops and all the extra items the person selling it had. What a problem getting it in the car ! I couldn't even put the sewing machine, in its case, in the tiny boot and the front seat [ it's only a 2 seater and I had to sit somewhere!! ] was crammed full, but I managed it, and now I cannot wait to use it. This machine has hardly seen a thread and many of the things with it are still in their original wrappers.
High on my "to do" list is to make a fabric cover for her [ yes her name is Brenda!]... watch this space!

1 comment:

Lori said...

okay, now I want to know what kind of car you drive! I've been wanting a "smart car" which is a two seater. But, here on the wide open plains, a car that small is maybe not the best idea. But I can still wish for one.

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...