Sunday 2 February 2014

Saturday workshop

Yesterday I attended a workshop at Pitsford, a village very near to me. As I still find it hard machining I went more for the social side and took along my Kimono to work on.
http://www.sew-n-social.blogspot.co.uk/
Fran and Tilly run the workshop while Jane provides the food.

Hearts on offer
The day starts with a drink as soon as you arrive, this is followed at 11am with another drink and homemade biscuit [ boy were they good!] lunch of home made soup with rolls and sausage rolls, not forgetting the delicious dessert was later followed at 3pm with drinks and cake.
In between all this eating the dozen or so ladies on the workshop were busy working on the heart project or doing their own thing. There is always something new to learn and it was a very enjoyable day.



Today the sun is shining and I decided as it is Sunday and there is not much traffic about that I would have my first attempt at driving since my knee replacement. Very close to the house is an industrial estate so I headed for there and practiced reversing and emergency stopping, I felt like a 17 year old having their first lesson rather than an almost 70 year old that has been driving for over 50 years! All went well but I'm not sure Chris thought he would ever see me again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am very happy you are making great progress with your knee. It takes determination and you seem to have that. Continued success! Christa

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...