Thursday 9 August 2018

August has arrived with a heat wave!

August IAM meeting was as usual full of chatter and some craft work, a number of items were brought for show and tell, but I forgot to take any photos!

The girls arrived for three days and it was go go go from the minute they arrived.
Monday was the funeral of the nicest person you could wish to know, Kim my 2nd Cousin, she lost her long fight from Cancer and is now at peace with no more pain. The Crematorium was packed including standing in the aisles and doorway.
Chris dropped me off and he took the girls to a petting farm and motor museum, meeting me later at the Wake. Not our usual day with the girls but it turned into a nice day.

There is nothing like cuddling a bunny, even when your almost 11 and 14.
Tuesday we decided to have a games and rest day [ not sure it was much of a rest for me but hey ho!.]
Eleanor was really tired after her Jamaican holiday and fell asleep in my computer chair!
Abigail wound wool from Swift to winder ready for me to take on holiday

Fun with flying bubble machines, while Grandad bbq'd burgers for lunch.

They flew in the bushes, pond and just about everywhere.


After the burgers we had s'mores. The girls lit a throw away bbq and started the cooking 
 
Squashed between two melting chocolate digestive biscuits we all made such a mess and laughed till it hurt!

Wednesday was an aMAZEing day !
A visit to Wistow Maze for Chris and the girls, while I wandered around the shops and sat in the Bistro with a hot chocolate.
Hope they know Left from Right, the maze is about 2 to 3 miles of walking
with clues to find on the way.

From a viewing platform outside the maze I managed to spot them

Chris pointing the way. The Maze is definitely not as high as last year, when you could not see over the top.

 Well worth a visit, each year is a different design and covers about 8 acres. Opposite the maze is a row of shops, Bistro, and garden centre, plus a small model village, so something for everyone.
The train was going around the track

Everywhere is so dry

Normally there would be water in the canal and ponds but due to the drought we are in the waterways were empty.

1 comment:

Christa said...

I have never been in a maze but I think I would love it. I was already jealous last year. Amazing how they can do this.

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...