Saturday 18 August 2018

Always playing catch up

I seem to spend my life playing 'catch up'. Everyone said when you retire you have no time and they were correct.

We have taken a number of walks, one of our favourite is along the Brampton Way train track.
I am able to walk further with my bionic knees as the path is level.

Completed a pair of Jelly Roll socks in Truly Hooked hand dyed yarn

The girls came to stay for another couple of days and we had a busy time making chocolate chip cookies, that were so yummy. They also made a large batch of BBQ sauce which will keep us going for a couple of months.
There was lots of game playing and a new version of a Ticket to Ride arrived from Amazon in the morning while they were here, so everything got dropped until we had a practice game. 
After lunch we played most of the afternoon. This is the fourth version of this series of games that we own between us. Brilliant game.


Squishy mail [hand dyed yarn] arrived from Dina's Home of Crafts with a little gift of three knitting markers and a small lavender bag. The girls soon set to and wound it into cakes for me.
I plan to take this 75% wool 25% nylon yarn on holiday with me later this month.

I spent a sewing day with the ladies at Bedford and I made an arm 'thingy' to hold all my bits and pieces while watching TV and sewing or knitting. I like the fact it closes up to carry it.

The kit by Debbie Shore looks good on the arm of my chair, and everything was included in the package.

Finally I have started to put a few things in a bag ready for our holiday. First thing a casserole dish, yes I know not the first thing most people would pack, but every time we go to a villa I end up buying one so I figured it would be better to take one with me this time!

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...