Thursday 30 August 2018

Day 5 Watching the Vuelta cycle race

After a little shopping this morning, I needed a cable needle ! we spent a restful day until this evening. The Vuelta Cycle race was ending stage 6 in San Javier, we took up a position at 5pm in the 35 degree heat and waited for it to arrive in Los Alcazares. Decided I could not face the crowds of people at the finish line. It was exciting watching all the police motorbikes and cars of the different teams, eventually the helicopter was overhead and the cyclists appeared. I just clicked away at my camera hoping for some good shots.
Waiting for the cyclists to appear

I've never seen so many police motorbikes

OK where is Peter Sagan?


Overhead helicopter for TV shots







I dont remember them coming to San Javier before.

The back of the pack

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...