Thursday, 22 August 2013

Re-cycling fun ideas

Last night we had a meeting at church and as one of the organisers we decided on the theme of fun re-cycling.

Penny showed how to make fabric softener and displayed earrings on a cheese grater. She also planted a geranium in a pair of kids jeans for a fun outside feature.

Katie explained about fixing jars to the underside of shelves for storage, punching holes in cans and using with a tea-light for outdoor decoration and a few other useful tips.

Katherine showed recycled fabric made into quilt blocks and two great bags made from old jeans.

I made a bird feeder from two wooden spoons and an old pop bottle, a pretty rag wreath for decoration, planting in old margarine tubs, some quilting ideas and using a skirt hanger to hold your recipe book while cooking.

It was a great evening and topped off with lots of goodies to eat.


Katherine and Katies display

Penny's display


My display


1 comment:

Christa said...

Thank you, Diana. This blog of yours gave me a great idea for my church. If it works out, I will blog about it and let you know. Ha-ha, I think this is funny. The world today!

Summer school holidays with the girls

Oh dear... friends are emailing me to see what has happened to my blog, it has been so long since I wrote anything!  So here is a bit of a c...