Saturday 12 March 2016

Saturday sewing

A couple of weeks ago the local quilt group organised a roll a dice challenge. My throw of the dice turned out to be Courthouse Steps and red.
The completed item will be a quilt for the charity Linus.

Having fought with my printer to print out the size of pattern I have chosen [ it kept jamming up the thin paper I like to use] and found red fabric with a matching white and red print from my stash I am ready to start. The centre squares are fleece.

My challenge to myself this week is to up my walking steps, so after each block I walk around my Happy Room. So far I have 12 blocks made and walked 435 steps!

Eight more blocks to make, then I will add borders, back it and quilt it. Hope to complete it before Easter but my diary is rather full and time will be short in my Happy Room.
Cheap pad of thin paper [ I cut the join off ] I find works well for foundation piecing.
Easy to see through it for placement of fabric and easy to tear away when the blocks are complete.

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...