Wednesday 2 March 2016

Sewing projects finished

I have been busy finishing things I started some time ago. Some have been on my blog but they were never actually completed, most needed binding hand sewing down, not my favorite job.
Binding sewn and lap quilt completed, love this and will make it again for Linus

I also made two new cushions that I am really pleased with.  I did not want them to be to puffy with bought cushion pads, plus they are not square which always presents a problem, I sewed layers of polyester wadding together to get the thickness I like.

Matching cushions machine embroidery pattern
One of the on-line groups I belong to have a machine embroidery swap that has to include a zipped item made in the hoop. Having really struggled with a pattern [ seemed like bits were missing and only half the zip was sewn in using the hoop,] I fiddled with it and made the little purse that will be going in the post on Monday to my secret sister in the USA. Not sure I will be using the pattern again.
Made in the hoop with a zip for a swap



Lap jelly roll quilt binding sewn to finish it

Hand sewn blocks made a couple of years ago in machine sashing made last year
finally completed the sewing down of the binding this week

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...