Tuesday 2 January 2018

Arne and Carlos

Arne and Carlos are based in Norway and produce knitting books and videos of their life. I have watched with interest on Facebook their many adventures and decided at Christmas to treat myself to their book... 55 Christmas Balls to Knit and a new set of DPNs [double point needles].

While not feeling too well and trying to get myself motivated I found a ball of red and white Stylecraft DK wool in the cupboard and decided to have a go at knitting the balls. Not perhaps the ideal wool but it is all I have at the moment.

I needed something to hold the pattern and Chris came up with the base of the Christmas tree stand! I already had a magnetic ruler... perfect.
A metal base from the Christmas Tree stand

KnitPro knitting needs in 6 different sizes [ some already in use]
Arne and Carlos book and my 'new' pattern stand... I'm ready to knit.
Since writing this blog post I am now almost back to normal, whatever that is! and have started on my fourth Christmas ball.

1 comment:

Christa said...

And where are the three finished balls? And the one started e.g. work in progress?
You sure have incredible many talents!!!
Happy New Year to you and your lovely family all the way from Virginia (the former colony).

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...