Friday 26 January 2018

Recovery & trips

Chris has not been feeling too well the past few days, so I have been gallivanting off on my own.
This morning, which even though I thought it was the 27th is actually the 26th, I drove to a local market at El Algar. One street was completely blocked off and taken over by stalls selling just about everything you could want.
I have been looking for a new handbag and one stall had just what I wanted in two different colours so I thought I would buy them both. It is normal to haggle the price, which in this case was ten euros each, so I offered fifteen for the two, the guy muttered something in Spanish and seemed to agree so I gave him a €20 note, he wrapped the bags and gave me €10 back in change. 
I am delighted with my bags for only €5 each.
My two bargain bags.

After lunch Chris was feeling a little better and wanted to go out for a short drive. We decided to check out a train station we intend to use next week... more about that later. While in the town of Los Nietos we stopped at the coast for a breathe of air. It was blowing a gale so it was a quick stop before we returned home.
All along the walkway were these beautiful seahorse seats 
All in different colours.



This seat overlooks the members only boat club.

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...