Saturday 27 January 2018

Saturday 27th staying local

First thing this morning we went for a walk around the block, which is almost a mile according to FitBit. Stopping at the many bins, where everything except tins is recycled. No idea why they do not recycle tins.
The bins fascinate me ( it doesn’t take much to please me) the shutes go underground, 
I need to see the bin lorry emptying them to know how they work!


Again we passed another pretty piece of landscaping.

Pauline and Brian called in as they were passing to have a look at where we are staying.

After lunch the sun came out although the wind made it feel cooler than the 16-20 degrees gauges.
We decided to drive to the coast for a wander and see the flamingos that love the salt flats.
A restored windmill. There has been a lot of work done to improve this area of the coast.


With salt flats on one side and the Mar Menor on the other this is a popular walk that has seen a lot of improvement.


Flamingos and wildlife love the area.

This is the end of week two and I managed 23854 steps, about 12 miles which is about 2&1/2 less than our first week, but almost twice my average at home. I am feeling it!! But determined to keep going, I’m told it will not wear my two new knees out, but it might wear me out!

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...