Wednesday, 29 January 2014

Framer v IKEA

Just before Christmas I sent my Amish sampler to the framers having laced the fabric to foam board. I was please with the result but the cost was high about £120.
Yesterday I visited IKEA at Milton Keynes and bought a ready made frame for my latest Happiness Sampler. I cut foam board [ cheap from Hobbycraft ] to the size of the frame and carefully pinned along all four sizes, using the warp and weft threads to keep it straight. Put it into the frame and hey presto I think it looks good and only cost me £5 for the frame.
Pins along sides
Pins into foamboard every inch



What do you all think?



Amish Sampler
Happiness sampler

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Beautiful. They lok fantasti. Ruthie

Patti-Rocky Mtn Stitcher said...

I founda framer online that makes themadn mails way cheaper then any framer anywhere. Its called picture more I think in Brighton MO

Anonymous said...

Great job. I enjoyed that you blogged the free pattern and have done the first part. It's fun. Thank you very much. I think when I am done I am sending it to you for framing, ha-ha.
I made a kit for Helen in English for her birthday. I am doing it in German.
Christa

Summer school holidays with the girls

Oh dear... friends are emailing me to see what has happened to my blog, it has been so long since I wrote anything!  So here is a bit of a c...