Sunday 1 November 2015

Duxford Quilt Show

Saturday was my first time at Duxford quilt show.
Duxford is the home of the Imperial War Musem near Cambridge, with its museum of aviation history and the stories of the RAF that were stationed there.

Chris had decided to come with me to visit the planes but in the end changed his mind and accompanied me to the quilt show.

It is a small show compared to the NEC but there were lots of traders and quilt displays plus a bonus of  lots of seating !

We wandered around the traders before looking at the quilts on display. Having spent rather a lot on fabric this week I was really good and only bought batting and some ribbons.
Love the 3D effect


Chris's favorite, he said he would not mind hanging this on our wall... high praise indeed.

Called the "Life of Darcey" the quilter chronicled her dog through the seasons.


This is my choice for the wall.

Lots of goodies to buy


Part of the plane exhibition

1 comment:

Christa said...

I love quilt shows like I love show+tell. I always learn something. I like the effect of the shadows in your top photo. I might need to use that technique sometime. Thanks!

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...