There are 20 blocks and I rewound the bobbin 37 times !! For the fun of it I made a note of the number of stitches... yes... 843824. I also used two complete reels of Marathon thread for the dark grey flowers in every block. Goodness knows how many different colours of thread I used for the butterflies and birds, but I could do with an assistant [or fairy godmother] to come and put them all back in their correct boxes!
Having said all this I am really pleased with the blocks and hope to incorporate them into a single bed size quilt. My thoughts are to make a load more blocks with different coloured borders [ same Dimple fabric as the grey] and put simple machine embroidery quilt designs on them.
|Machine embroidered birds and butterflies|
|This block is the same size as the small blocks above.|
I have lots of colours of this Dimples fabric
Thinking of making enough blocks like this to complete the quilt
Unless I can think of something else.
|Bobbin wound 37 times! Two reels of Marathon thread used and an empty spool of bobbin thread used.|