Monday, 20 July 2015

Honey and bordering a quilt

I have been suffering terribly with Hayfever and someone suggested Honey might help the situation, but it has to be local honey. I made a search on the internet and found there is no proof it works but everyone seems to swear by it! Eventually I found a farm shop selling local honey, so I'm taking a teaspoon full a day and we will see if it helps. In any case it tastes really nice, much better than the cheap honey I put in my Barley cup drink.

I have managed to sew the Nature Sketches machine embroidery blocks by Anitagoodesign together with white sashing, anything else seemed to take away from the pretty designs.
Now I need to add borders. When I sewed out the designs I used Dimples fabric by Andover Designs in grey, I have the same fabric in many colours and think I will use them to add a few borders to make the quilt big enough for a single bed.


No comments:

November IAM craft day

November IAM craft day was such fun, there seemed to be lots to laugh about and the day went far too quickly. Show and tell was great... ...