Saturday 17 January 2015

Progress on my "to do list"

One of the items I wanted to work on this year is my Amish fabric jacket, so a few days ago I dug out the box with all the pieces in and found all I had completed was cutting the sweatshirt into pieces and sewing oblongs of Amish material together but nothing else. Goodness knows how long ago I got this far!

I decided I already have two jackets made by this method do I really need another? NO.

SO.. I joined all the fabric pieces together in a random design, threw away the cut up sweatshirt and using a fleece I had been given quilted the fabric to the fleece. I then trued everything up and it has made a quilt 40 x 60 inches. I will donate this quilt to the Linus project and hope some young man [ the cows, buggies etc would be good for a boy] gets pleasure from it.
I have the binding on just need to finish sewing the binding down.

I can now mark off two items on my 2015 list of jobs: Amish jacket and a Linus quilt.

1 comment:

Christa said...

Looks very nice. Did you sew black strips around the pieces? Intriguing.

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...