Tuesday, 12 May 2015

Machine Embroidery and wool!

A number of my T shirts have seen better days, so I decided to cheer them up with some machine embroidery.
I hooped up heavy washaway and then carefully placed the T shirt in place on the top. I do not hoop up the T shirt. Making sure the excess T shirt is out of the way I carefully hold it in place while the pattern sews out. I find I get less wrinkles and puckers using this method, but I do have to be careful of my fingers!

I adore the frog design and was tempted to use it on all three T shirts.

Three T shirts given a new lease of life


Yummy colours
Deremores offered me a 15% off coupon as I had not ordered from them in a while... who can resist a tempting offer... not me!  So I ordered 13 balls of different coloured Stylecraft DK Special which meant I got free delivery plus the 15% off. I only ordered them on Saturday and they arrived Monday, if only everyone offered such a good service.  I have a project in mind for these lovely colours, but must complete my silver project and keep upto date with my Lily Pond CAL before I start anything else.

1 comment:

Josie said...

I had an embroidery machine but got rid of it as I couldn't get the hooping right and the puckers drove me mad. I now just free motion embroider but I wish I had of known about the 'no hoop' method!

Carolyn Forster Workshop

Tuesday evening Carolyn Forster was the speaker at the Hamtune Quilters meeting. Table upon table was covered in quilts and her talk covered...