Friday, 15 May 2015

Working on Abigail's quilt

Abigail asked for a new quilt and I had three charm packs that 'fit the bill'.
I cut 126 five inch squares in tone on tone cream fabric and made little sandwiches of a charm square and cream square sewing a 1/4 inch seam around the four edges.
Next came the cutting the squares on the two diagonals, which produces four half square triangles.

To make such it is all going to work and I can get the size I want, I used my EQ7 programme to produce a picture of my finished plan.
I still have a way to go with this quilt but I feel I am getting there, and already Abigail, who made the first block herself, likes it.
Charm/cream squares ready for sewing. My EQ7 plan and squares ready for the next step.

No comments:

What a week of ups and downs

Sunday started so well as I went to church but then I hit an uneven curb in the church yard. The damage did not look too bad but it ruined ...