My knees were really playing me up and the thought of climbing the stairs to the workroom nearly put me off going, but I had a few things I could do without a sewing machine so I went.
I started my day with cutting a large pile of charm squares that were sewn to cream squares on the diagonals and then ironing them open. It was a bit boring but went quickly chatting to the friends around me. They are part of Abigail's quilt that I am making.
I had two Linus quilts needing the bindings sewn down, another job I'm not too keen on, but I quickly managed to get both of them done.
Sometime ago I completed another Linus quilt and now I have three ready to go to a child in hospital or distress. The Linus movement do such great work providing quilts for children not only in hospital but also in women's refuge houses, those that have lost a parent etc etc..
My target for this year was to make four but I have already made five and hope to make more as the year goes on.
|Linus quilt made from a charm pack and pretty backing fabric I "found" in my stash|
|Another charm pack used and again backed with stash fabric|
|ABC fabric and jigsaw fabric backed with "vegetables"|